We look forward to meeting you on Thursday 28 June 2018 when you will spend the day with us at DHSB. This familiarisation day is an opportunity for you to get to know the school, your tutor and Head of House. You don’t have to wear school uniform for this day.
Your parents will also be invited into school on the same day. This will be an opportunity for them to ask any questions that they may have. Your first day at school will be Wednesday 5 September 2018. You will be expected to wear full uniform. This is an induction day for Year 7 and you will have the school to yourselves which will help you to find your way around. The following information will be helpful for the induction day:
- You will be met at the gates from 8.40 am and escorted to your form rooms.
- Bring your school bag.
- Please ask your parents not to drive on to the school site.
- Parents dropping off their sons are asked to stop some distance from the entrances. We suggest Waterloo Street or Kings Road. Similarly, after school, please arrange to be collected away from Paradise Road, or after 3.30pm. This is for the safety of all students.
- You will be issued with your timetable and student planner. The first few pages contain important information for you and your parents.
- Normal lessons will start on Thursday 6 September 2018.
- Lockers will be available at £10 per annum for rental. Please provide your own padlock.
- Bike lockers will be available at £15 per annum.