The benefits of reading a lot
- Expand your vocabulary – this benefits comprehension and self expression
- Open your mind to new information and ideas
- Challenge your thinking skills
- Develop analytical skills
- Develop empathy with others
- Reduce stress- escape and relax
- Enjoy great entertainment
All DHSB students are invited to get involved in expanding the richness and range of their reading experience.
Sixth Form students
Read from the Eighteen by Eighteen list to become an accomplished reader of classics.
KS3 & KS4 students
Read from the Sixteen by Sixteen list to extend and challenge your experience of books.
Year 6 students
Choose your reading from the Transition Reading Challenge.
Aim to become a reading millionaire by registering with the Learning Commons and add the number of words you read as you enjoy your own choice of books