Students achieve the highest academic standards
- Implementation of curriculum and assessment changes.
- Continued focus on the needs of different groups to raise achievement.
- Emphasis on ensuring all students are challenged and make excellent progress in their learning.
- A whole-school focus on literacy and oracy.
- Promote an expectation of reflection, review and a commitment to improve to achieve excellence.
- Develop appropriate homework that stretches and challenges learning.
All staff seek to become even better
- Develop and share good practice through our appraisal system to ensure all staff extend their opportunities for professional development.
- Developing the pedagogy of teachers with regards Excellence in the classroom.
- Emphasis on internal collaboration for CPD to build collective capacity.
- Improving the quality of provision for the induction of new staff to the school’s culture and systems.
Leadership at all levels
- Embedding and enhancing the extensive leadership opportunities for students.
- Building the consistency and development of all leaders across the school particularly Middle Leaders.
- Continue to formulate and review the school’s self-evaluation of its improvement through consultation with all stakeholders.
- Enhance the support of staff and student wellbeing through a collective approach.
Collaboration and community
- Widen access to improve social mobility by overcoming barriers in the community.
- Improve the consistency and clarity of communication to students, staff, parents and the wider community.
- Enable families to support their children through regular engagement events.
- Promote and embed British Values and the Prevent agenda.
- Celebrate success and commitment to serving the community through the DHSB Community Awards.
- Enhance and improve our internal and external environment.
Creative & Entrepreneurial spirit
- Make joy, curiosity and the ability to ask the right questions at the right time the criteria by which we measure our school.
- Overcome the barriers to recruitment and retention, reflected nationally.
- Maximise income generation through existing and new ventures.
- Continue to use the latest cutting edge technology creatively and innovatively influencing the wider educational community.
- Transform the influence and impact that the DHSB Alumni (Old Boys) has on current students and staff.