DHSB PTFA: 2018-19 Chairperson’s Welcome
Welcome to the new academic year!
I would like to extend my warmest wishes to the parents and friends of Devonport High School for Boys. Everyone who has a child at DHSB is automatically a member of our PTFA and as such, is welcome to attend any of our committee meetings. These are traditionally held every two months and take place in the Gibbons Conference Room from 6.00pm; dates of meetings can be found on the school calendar.
You are not obligated to attend every meeting, but we can promise you a warm welcome if you do choose to attend and the opportunity to have your voice heard.
Some of our most recent contributions are:
- £10,000 toward the refurbishment of the Sixth Form Centre
- £5,000 for Chromebooks for the English Department
- £3,000 for Chromebooks for the History and Latin Departments
- £5,000 towards the second all weather pitch
- Chromebooks for RS, Maths and Classics Departments
- Enterprise Hub – purchase of monitors and Raspberry Pi computers
- Colonnade Benches – materials purchased and commissioned from the DT Department at school
- Art Folders and Laser Cutter for the DT Department
- Ten Tors – purchase of maps and compasses
- Trees – purchased to be planted around school site
- Exam clocks
Besides fundraising we also facilitate events at the school and, to this end, volunteers are always needed to ensure these run smoothly.
Events we help with include 11+ test refreshments, the DHSB Easter Raffle, refreshments at school theatre productions, the Alton Towers visit and the annual Cardiff Christmas shopping trip.
If you feel that you would like to help out at any of these events, then please contact Michaela Armstrong at the school and she will point you in the right direction.
Or, simply turn up at any of our meetings. We even offer refreshments, sandwiches and biscuits to entice you!
We promise that we will not pester you or bombard you with emails and phone calls, and that you will be made most welcome no matter how much or how little time you can offer.
We look forward to seeing you over the coming academic year.
Chair, DHSB PTFA