Welcome to Devonport High School for Boys
Welcome to Devonport High School for Boys, a happy and vibrant grammar school for young people aged 11-18. Our vision, whatever your role in the school or personal ambition, is that ‘Everyone Succeeds’.
We provide a disciplined, caring environment in which students achieve levels of excellence that reflect their tremendous potential and our high expectations. Examination results and university entrance records are among the best in the country. In addition, we provide a remarkable range of co-curricular activities.
We inspire confidence so that all achieve the highest possible standard of academic success.
We develop talents so that everyone is enriched.
We support individuals in our school community to enhance their prowess and shape their future.
Our Approach to Equality:
1. All learners are of equal value. Whether or not they are disabled, whatever their ethnicity, culture, national origin or national status, whatever their gender and gender identity, whatever their religious or non-religious affiliation or faith background and whatever their sexual orientation.
2. We recognise, respect and value difference and understand that diversity is a strength. We take account of differences and strive to remove barriers and disadvantages which people may face, in relation to disability, ethnicity, gender, religion, belief or faith and sexual orientation. We believe that diversity is a strength, which should be respected and celebrated by all those who learn, teach and visit here.
3. We foster positive attitudes and relationships. We actively promote positive attitudes and mutual respect between groups and communities different from each other.
4. We foster a shared sense of cohesion and belonging. We want all members of our school community to feel a sense of belonging within the school and wider community and to feel that they are respected and able to participate fully in school life.
5. We observe good equalities practice for our staff. We ensure that policies and procedures benefit all employees and potential employees in all aspects of their work, including in recruitment and promotion, and in continuing professional development
6. We have the highest expectations of all our students. We expect that all can make good progress and achieve to their highest potential
7. We work to raise standards for all students, but especially for the most vulnerable. We believe that improving the quality of education for the most vulnerable groups of students raises standards across the whole school.
A paper copy of the information on our website is available on request to Sarah Nicholson, Head's PA, at email@example.com.