Students achieve the highest academic standards
- Continued focus on raising the achievement of all students from their specific starting points.
- Development of our new curriculum to embed cross curricular links and effectively develop rich knowledge.
- Emphasis on ensuring all students are challenged and make excellent progress in their learning.
- A whole-school focus on literacy and oracy.
- Promote an expectation of reflection, review and a commitment to improve to achieve excellence.
- Develop appropriate homework that stretches and challenges learning.
- Continued focus on the personal development of our students to fulfill our ambitions around the 2020 Gatsby Benchmarks.
All staff seek to become even better
- Develop and share good practice through our appraisal system to ensure all staff extend their opportunities for professional development.
- Developing the pedagogy of teachers with regard to excellence in the classroom.
- Emphasis on the enhancement of specialist subject expertise through collaboration with city wide communities.
- Improving the quality of provision for the induction of new staff to the school’s culture and systems.
Leadership at all levels
- Embedding and enhancing the extensive leadership opportunities for students with a focus on raising the ambition of younger students to become active citizens and problem solvers.
- Nurturing our leaders across the school from early career teachers to more experienced staff.
- Continue to formulate and review the school’s self-evaluation of its improvement through consultation with all stakeholders and look for further opportunities to enhance this.
- Strengthen the support of staff and student wellbeing through a collective approach.
Collaboration and Community
- Widen access to improve social mobility by overcoming barriers in the community.
- Improve the consistency and clarity of communication to students, staff, parents and the wider community.
- Enable families to support their children through regular engagement events.
- Promote and embed British Values and the Prevent agenda.
- Celebrate success and further promote more positive recognition for all students and staff in our community.
- Improve our internal and external environment through investing more resources and energy into achieving an excellent environmental and sustainable ethos.
Creative & Entrepreneurial Spirit
- Establish creative ways of working and generating new ideas for both students and staff.
- Improve the impact of the Arts on the personal and cultural development of all within our community.
- Overcome the barriers to recruitment and retention, reflected nationally.
- Maximise income generation through existing and new ventures.
- Continue to use the latest cutting-edge technology creatively and innovatively influencing the wider educational community.
- Grow the influence of the DHSB Alumni in inspiring the next generation in the build up to the DHSB 125.
Progress towards priorities